It’s time to remember what the Democrat's party generally seeks regarding guns and gun rights.
The list below was widely circulated while Bill Clinton was in power.
(2015 Update: BATFE actually sought to ban ammunition for America's most popular rifle, the Armalite Rifle 15, commonly known as the AR-15, see items 15, 17 and 20 below, so don't think this list is dead and gone, it is very much on the agenda; they were temporarily stopped by a literal uprising among the public and Congress. BATFE has agreed to hold off, "for the present time.")
The democrat-backed Brady group and similar outfits have been quiet about guns because they want to win the election, and get to impose their goals on your rights.
While reading this list ask yourself: Will any of these plans stop criminals, or will they only affect you, the innocent citizen? Gun control is not about guns, it is about control.
In addition, many of these schemes cannot be applied to criminals thanks to the Fifth Amendment -- and authorities promting these schemes know that. It is forbidden to force people to incriminate themselves. Since criminals cannot have guns in the first place, they cannot be forced to registers their guns, or be held accountable for not having them registered. The complex and expensive licensing and registration plans have no crime fighting component, just huge bureaucracies and federal jobs programs that leach money from true law enforcement.
9. Ban on Manufacturing in counties with a population of more than 200,000.
10. Banning all military style firearms. (No civil parity with police)
11. Banning Machine Gun Parts or parts which can be used in a Machine gun.
12. Banning the carrying a firearm anywhere but home or target range or in transit from one to the other.
13. Banning replacement parts (manufacturing, sale, possession, transfer, installation) except barrel, trigger group.
14. Elimination of the Curio Relic list.
15. Control of Ammunition belonging to Certain Surplus Firearms. (7.62x54R and .303).
16. Eventual Ban of Handgun Possession.
17. Banning of Any ammo that fits military guns (post 1945).
18. Banning of any quantity of smokeless powder or black powder that would constitute more than the equivalent of 100 rounds of ammunition.
19. Ban the possession of explosive powders of more than 1 kg. at any one time.
20. Banning of High Powered Ammo or Wounding ammo.
21. A National License for Ammunition.
22. Banning or strict licensing of all re-loading components.
23. National Registration of ammunition or ammo buyers.
24. Requirements of special storage safe for ammunition and licensing.
25. Restricting Gun Ranges to counties with populations less than 200,000.
26. Special Licensing of ranges.
27. Special Range Tax to visitors. ($85.00 per visit per person).
28. Waiting period for rentals on pistol ranges.
29. Banning Gun Shows.
30. Banning of military reenactments.
Ban of all clips holding over 6 bullets.
Elimination of the Dept. of Civilian Marksmanship.
Ban on all realistic replica and toy guns (including "air soft" and paintball).
The right of gun-violence victims to sue, with financial assistance from government programs, the gun manufacturers.
Taxes on ammo, dealers, guns, licenses to offset medical costs to society.
The eventual ban on all semi-automatics regardless of when made or caliber.
While it’s true Republicans haven’t done very much to defend your gun rights (OK, they have done a little) in six years of control, they offer little support for the anti-rights disarm-the-public plans the left wing will impose on you if they gain power in the next election. It’s your choice. Do you stay home and evaporate your rights, or go out and defend them at the ballot box? Tell your friends.
If you took the bait and voted early, instead of rising up as a whole and voting on election day like you’re supposed to, this message is too late and you got screwed.
Thanks for reading.
Alan Korwin, Author
Gun Laws of America
Permission to circulate this message gladly granted.
What would happen if Washington, Jefferson and Franklin suddenly found themselves in modern times? Read "Tempus Fugit" --A stunning achievement, eye-popping entertainment, critical thinking at its best.
Book review here: http://www.gunlaws.com/books7novels.htm
"We publish the gun laws."
4848 E. Cactus, #505-440
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Call, write, fax or click for free full-color catalog
If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you're reading this in English, thank a veteran.
"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing
because he could do only a little."